The Candy Factory, Lancaster’s premiere coworking space, presents The Night of the Big Wind & Shift(h)er on Friday, June 28 and Saturday June 29. The performance is a contemporary interpretive dance piece written and choreographed by Irish dancers, Ailish Claffey and Alicia Christofi-Walshe that explores the story of a hurricane that hit western Ireland in 1839. Ailish and Alicia are joined by two other Irish dancers for a two week residency here in Lancaster leading up to the performances next weekend.
The Vulcans are a regional folk trio with members living in Lancaster, West Chester and Philadelphia. The band recently won first place in the 2013 Songwriting Contest produced by the Philadelphia Songwriter’s Project . Band members Aaron Spangler and John Thomas joined me at The Candy Factory for a chat about how the band came together and their experience with the contest.
Skirtin’ the Curtain with Joanna Underhill
- People’s Shakespeare Project presents Romeo and Juliet, June 28-29 @ 7:30 pm at the Rafters Theatre on Millersville University’s main campus. DETAILS
- Ephrata Performing Arts Center (EPAC) presents Guys and Dolls, July 25 to Aug 10 at Sharadin Bigler Theatre, 320 Cocalico Street, Ephrata. TICKETS
- The Lancaster Dramatists’ Platform presents New Play Readings, Friday, August 2 @ 9 pm at the Fulton Theatre Education Building, 24 N. Prince St., Lancaster. DONATION
- Creative Works of Lancaster presents La Dispute, August 8-10 @ 7 pm at Musser Park, 135 N Lime St., Lancaster. FREE
Other Upcoming Events
- The Mayor’s Office of Special Events presents Celebrate Lancaster featuring local and regional food and entertainment and fireworks, Friday, June 28 @ 5 pm – 11 pm at Queen St., Lancaster. FREE
- Wood Stove House and the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society present Music in the Orchard featuring Dietrich Strause (trio) and Mark DeRose (solo), Saturday, June 29 @ 6 pm at the Hans Herr House, 1849 Hans Herr Drive, Willow Street, PA. $5 (kids under 12 FREE)
- Chameleon Club presents Hiding Scarlet and Hudson K, Saturday, June 29 @ 8 pm at 223 N. Water St., Lancaster. $5 TICKETS