Songwriter Jake Lewis and screenwriter Shawna Stoltzfoos are a creative couple who recently moved to Lancaster from Gettysburg. I chatted with them about their current creative projects and their decision to make Lancaster home base for their creative careers.
Jake plays shows regularly throughout the mid-Atlantic region from New York to Baltimore. He recently released a full length studio album called Location, Location and a self produced EP, We Can Get Out of Here, available for free on Bandcamp. Jake will be playing in Lancaster on Saturday, November 24 at Live From the Cellar with the Unusual Suspects.
Shawn’s film Spaceman Wilson (trailer) was produced by Tim Scott and is currently making rounds on the independent film circuit. She’s also developing a television series called Young Lancaster and is currently looking for Lancaster area creatives who are interested in working on the show.
Live at The Ware Center
We welcome Harvey Owen, Director at The Ware Center, Millersville University Lancaster for our first Live at The Ware Center update. Learn about all of the arts events at Millersville’s visual and performing arts centers at www.millersville.edu/muarts
- Sunday, November 11 @ 3 pm – the Central PA Friends of Jazz (CPFJ) present the Jacky Ryan Trio. Tickets cost $22 for general admission, $18 for CPFJ members and $10 for students.
- Tuesday, November 13 @ 7:30 pm – “The Life and Time of My Uncle Jamie Wyeth” lecture with Victoria Browning Wyeth, granddaughter of artist Andrew Wyeth. Tickets cost $25 for general admission, $5 for students.
- Monday, November 26 @ 7:30 pm – the Lancaster Literary Guild presents a one woman show called “Mary Todd Lincoln” by actress Candace O’Donnell. Tickets cost $15 for general admission; $10 for Literary Guild Members; free for MU students with ID.
Tickets for all events may be purchased online, at MUTicketsOnline.com, at the Student Memorial Center Ticket Office (Room 103, 21 S. George St., Millersville), at The Ware Center (42 N. Prince St., Lancaster) or by calling the Ticket Office at 717-872-3811. Ticket Offices are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Other Upcoming Events
- Ephrata Performing Arts Center presents Spring Awakening this week. Wednesday and Thursday @ 7:30 pm, Friday @ 8 pm, Saturday at 2 pm and 8 pm. Hear a feature interview with Ed Fernandez and Josh Kirwin on episode 81.
- PA Guild of Craftsmen presents the Fine Craft Fair at the Lancaster County Convention Center Saturday, November 10 from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday, November 11 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- York City’s BOP (Bring on Play) present Plaza Palooza: Play with Music, Sunday, November 11 @ 12 pm at the Brooks Robinson Plaza at Sovereign Bank Stadium.